- pan spray
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon Sambal, or more, to taste
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 carrot, thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Heat pan over medium high heat. Spray with non-stick pan spray. Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger and Sambal until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in bell pepper and carrots to warm.
- To serve, spoon the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf. Eat!