Fall time offers up some of our favorite smells. Nothing quite captures the season like the lingering smell of warn cinnamon and fresh apples in the crisp air. Jen spent the other day
stealing picking apples and pears from her sister's backyard. These hand pies later emerged from the oven to cool on the stove top alongside pots of lemon spiced pear-apple sauce.
- 2-3 medium sized apples
- 2-3 large pears
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 roll jumbo refridgerated biscuits
- Peel, core, and dice apples and pears and toss in a bowl with lemon juice. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- On a floured board, roll out biscuits into oval shapes approximately 6 inches.
- Pile in 1/4 -1/2 cup of apple pear mixture on one half of biscuit. Fold over the other half and seal edges tightly with fingers.
- Place folded pies onto cookie sheet and brish top with butter. Sprinkle each with brown sugar.
- Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.