Do you like potlucks? Of course you do, who doesn't. Do you like Reser's salads? Of course you don't, NO one does! Then stop buying gross "picnic salads" from Safeway and start making delicious summer salads with veggies and grains.
- 1 cup uncooked barley
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn (or about 3 ears fresh corn)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into small strips
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Cook barley according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, mix barley, corn, peppers, and onion.
- Mix dressing ingredients and pour over salad. Refrigerate until ready to serve.