Looks gross, tastes yummy.
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- meat such as chicken sausage or ground turkey (optional)
- Place the onion, garlic, carrots, sweet potatoes, garbanzo beans, into a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix the cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, black pepper, parsley, and salt, and sprinkle over the vegetables. Pour in the tomatoes and broth, and stir to combine.
- Cover the cooker, set to High, and cook until the sweet potatoes are tender and the sauce has thickened, 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve over couscous.