Cheesy Italian Quick Bread
(adapted from Taste of Home)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Servings: Depends on how generous your slices are!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Optional: spray butter, an extra tbsp butter, or garlic spray
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch round baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients and mix well. Cut in cold butter with a pastry blender (or two knives/forks) until mixture is made up of fine crumbs.
In a small bowl, whisk together egg, Greek yogurt, and milk. Stir into dry ingredients until just moistened – do not over mix! (If your dough is still a little dry, add an extra splash of milk).
Spoon into prepared baking pan, sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and extra butter, if desired. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!